Wednesday 21 March 2012

I'm Not Afraid to Say: I'm loving H&M...

I am not a fashion blogger, I ruddy well wish I was as this would suggest I had a more sizeable amount of disposable income to spend on clothes, and a sizebable amount more time to write about the clothes I bought. Unfortunately I live the horrid existence of someone who is forever underwhelmed and disappointed by her own wardrobe, and despite the fact that my brain is very much interested in fashion, my outsides tend to be in skinny jeans (though several pairs of tights in bright block colours have got me through the Winter looking like I know how to put an outfit together).

So... t'is Spring, and in the same way that I freaked out in the Autumn because I had no Wintery clothes to wear, I now appear to have reversed the situation and am severely lacking in the floaty and the floral and also, as is the more considerable issue at hand - funds.

Hear my audible sigh of relief and slight hand clapping of glee when H&M continue to harrass me because I bought a pair of shorts from their website 2 years ago - and I receive the S/S 2012 catalogue through my door. I'm lying already, our letter box is an actual box on our garden wall, nothing comes through my door.

And so, as a one off (ok maybe not ONE off) I turn fashion blogger just to share, with you lovely people, my pick of H&M's cheap and cheerful Spring/Summer offerings which just might get me through my impending honeymoon looking cool and sexy and all those other newlywed adjectives that ought to be applied to me as I swan around in a big old haze of love and more love.

It begins:

Paisley Print:

I don't like to declare myself a trend setter, but I was rocking paisley a long time ago with 2 silk komono style dresses I bought from a little boutique in Canterbury which has since closed down. Unfortunately both dresses have fallen to pieces though over-love so I got a bit excited to see this image on the front of the H&M catalogue. Want. I also intend to start sporting a headscarf, as someone who suffers immeasurably from greasy roots and fringe around 30 minutes after washing my hair, I feel this might be the answer to my bad hair day prayers! That and a big floppy hat for variation!
To address the orange issue, as some may know, some may not, my hair is a very similar colour to the main body of the dress above. That is to say, I would class myself as very ginger. I should add that I absolutely love love love my hair, it's probably my 2nd favourite "bit" of myself... maybe even first, it's a tough 'un. I am a very strong believer in the fact that redheads can, and should, infact must, wear orange. You will not look tango'd, you'll look fab. I have a couple of bright tangerine treasures in my wardrobe already. A scoop backed dress with I wore to a friends wedding in February being the perfect example (and yep, I wore orange heels too). Gingers are, really, the only people who can accessorise to match their hair in the Summer!

Grecian Goddess a la Temperley London Bridal:

I'm getting married in June, (have you heard?) as such I can't tell you about my wedding dress(es) but believe you me, I shall unleash them upon you one day this year! However, for fear of the Mr. sneaking a look at my H&M wish list I shall keep shtum, but be assured, if I had room for another dress, it would be from my 2nd or 3rd favourite wedding dress designer (depending on my mood!), Temperley London. In 2011 I was lucky enough to get myself a pair of tickets to The Designer Wedding Show (which I attended with good ol' Mother of the Bride) and The Luxury Wedding Show (which I attended with the ever delightful Maid of Honour), both of which featured Temperley on the catwalk and both of which featured one T of L dress in particular that made me well up a bit. I am alllll about a bit of Goddess and this Grecian dress couldn't be more honeymoon perfect. I intend to accessorise with  some sort of "bangle" and bare feet. This is one for the days that we decide not to hire bicycles and explore the island!




Snakeskin Shorts:

I love snakeskin, there is not enough snakeskin going on in my wardrobe that's for sure, though I used to have a lovely pair of Kurt Geiger shoes in a similar print to these cute shorts, but alas, they went to shoe heaven at the hands (or should I saw jaws) of my labrador retriever, Ruby (she's got an eye for a good stilleto too!) They do a great chunky handbag to match which I might be tempted by, crisp white shirt and I'm done here!



Going for Gold:

What's not to love about this dress, the texture the colour, the length, it's £12.99 well spent when it's beach-worthy, romantic-dinner worthy, hitting-the-shops worthy, mooching around galleries worthy... in my suitcase worthy. And there just so happen to be a pair of gold Biba sky scrapers in my local "high end department store" which I 100% can not afford and that would 110% look amazing with this dress. *Sigh*



N.B. Gold Biba shoes are not available from H&M, funnily enough.



And Finally:

I'm not about to start posting my wedding night lingerie to the blog, there is only one person that needs to be seeing that. Ever. But at £12.99 this set is very much on my wish list for lazy mornings on the terrace with a giant mug of tea, dreaming about how lovely married life will be when I get home. Accessorise with a decent mani-pedi. Done.



No comments:

Post a Comment