Monday 6 February 2012

I need somewhere...

Today I started a blog for my business, The Canterbury Toy Shop, and kicked off with a relatively serious piece about Chinese factories, and whilst I was writing I kept thinking.

"I love the toy shop, as businesses go it really does rock my socks, but what about when I want to blog about the new facial that I've just had, or why I'm currently getting through one butternut squash every day. Sometimes I want to write about planning my wedding, my sons first sight of snow, the fact that my favourite wine (in.the.world) costs less than a fiver and has a picture of a cat on the label. My customers do not need to know this. They won't even want to read about me having my teeth whitened."

So, I thought it best to start a seperate blog (because who knew that is was so easy to do?) to use as my dumping ground for thoughts, opinions, and experiences, that are non-toy shop related. This doesn't mean that the two won't cross every once in a while. The Toy Shop has an effect on all sorts of unexpected areas of my life and being a self employed parent has given me various new traits and interests. But I'm not just a business owner, and I'm not just a Mother (hence the rhyming blog name, like it?)

I guess this is a "female interest" blog, though I don't pretend to hope that you'll find every post interesting, in the same way that if you had coffee with me every day for the rest of your life you'd find that I often talk about things that don't interest you, or that you know nothing about, and that I know nothing about some of the things that matter to you - however, I hope that if I take the time to write about what happens, and what I think about it - I might find myself on the same page as someone else now and again!

1 comment:

  1. Great new blog Ashleigh, I look forward to reading your ramblings :-)

    ReplyDelete